Public access to City buildings scaling back amidst coronavirus concerns
The City of San Angelo is officially closing certain in-person services to the public to protect our community against the spread of COVID-19. Effective tomorrow, March 18, the City Hall Annex (301 West Beauregard Ave.) will close its doors to the general public.
Offices in the Annex include the SAPD Criminal Investigations Division, SAFD Fire Prevention, Public Information, Engineering Services, Operations Administration, Billing and Receipts, and Water Customer Service. In-person visits for all of these offices will be by appointment only, excluding Billing and Receipts and Customer Service, which will direct people to make payments as outlined below. For new service connections or disconnections, visit cosatx.us/customerservice. Signs will be posted outside the building with contact information, but citizens may also visit cosatx.us to find the appropriate contact for each department.
Water utility payments will be accepted only in the following ways:
- Online – Pay your water bill online here. Online credit card payments or e-check/bank drafts payments can be made month-to-month or by establishing an automatically recurring payment. Customers will also have the option to go paperless and/or sign up for “Pay by Text” to receive notifications and pay via text message. Online payments are unavailable from 10 p.m.-2 a.m. daily and from 3:30 a.m.-4:30 a.m. Mondays for system updates.
- Mail – Mail a payment to the City of San Angelo Utility Billing/Collections, P.O. Box 5820, San Angelo, TX 76902. Make checks payable to City of San Angelo - Water or COSA - Water.
- Dropbox (south side of building) – 24-hour payment dropbox is located on the south side of City Hall Annex, 301 W. Beauregard Avenue. Please pay with check or money order to ensure proper credit. *Cash will be temporarily accepted. Exact change is preferred, but overage will go towards a credit on the next scheduled statement. The San Angelo Police Department will assist in additional monitoring and security of the dropbox during this time, and the dropbox will be serviced at more frequent intervals.
- Dropbox (first interior entrance door foyer) – 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. dropbox located just inside the first entrance door, but not past the second, will be available for those who do not want to utilize the outdoor dropbox.
- Phone – You may also call Customer Service at (325) 657-4323 and select the option to make a payment over the phone. Long-distance users may call 1-855-419-2758. Phone payments are unavailable from 10 p.m.-2 a.m. daily and from 3:30 a.m.-4:30 a.m. Mondays for system updates.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why have we moved to Invoice Cloud?
- We value the security of our customer’s data and wanted to partner with a company that takes security seriously. Invoice Cloud has achieved the highest level of security compliance. Plus, we wanted to provide the ultimate in convenience for paying bills electronically. Invoice Cloud offers us, and you, many options to pay the way YOU want to pay anytime, anywhere. Sign up for auto pay, go paperless, pay by text, schedule a payment, set reminders and more.
- Why do I have to re-register my Auto Pay wallet information?
- As we transition over to a new online bill payment system for water utilities, we want to ensure we have your most current billing information on file.
- Is my payment information secure when I pay online at San Angelo?
- Yes! Managing the security of payment applications falls to the PCI Security Standards Council’s Payment Application Data Security Standard (PA-DSS). The PA-DSS is designed to ensure essential application security controls are implemented and software is developed in line with good security practices. Invoice Cloud is committed to protecting your data and has achieved the highest level of security: PA DSS Level 1 Validated Payment Application.
- What is PCI compliance and how does it affect me as a customer?
- Payment card data is subject to constant threats from cyber criminals, and the security of payment card data to modern businesses is paramount to success. Any applications that store, process or transmit sensitive cardholder data must protect that data according to the PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard). Invoice Cloud adheres to all PCI requirements to keep your payment data safe.
For more information about the municipal services statement and payments, call 325-657-4323.
Do not use DOXO to pay your City of San Angelo water bill.
Some customers reported being directed to a website called DOXO to pay their bill online. The City of San Angelo's water utility is in no way affiliated with this service. The payment option for online payment is secured through our website at cosatx.us/waterbill. If you have questions or are unsure, please call our office at 325-657-4323.