Helpful disposal sites
If you are a citizen older than 65 and/or disabled please contact our Code Compliance at 325-657-4409.
General trash: Residential citizens are allowed one free dumping per month at the City landfill with picture ID and water bill.
Toner and printer cartridges: Office supply stores.
Plastic shopping bags: Supermarkets.
Brake fluid, motor oil, other automobile fluids: Auto parts stores.
Tools, equipment, paint, building materials: Consider for donation to nonprofit organizations such as Habitat for Humanity.
- Interactive trash collection map
- When is my next bulk or recycle collection? (Click on the link below for your region)
- Disability exemption request form
- Republic Services 325-481-7700
- Landfill 325-481-7701
- 3002 Old Ballinger Highway
- Additional cart form (monthly fee of $5.45 for trash and $1.36 for recyclables).
- Residential collections can be established by calling the Water Customer Service Division at 325-657-4323.
Residential garbage collection occurs once a week. The tan bin is to be used for residential garbage. On the same day, a separate truck will pick up either recyclables or bulk trash items; collection of those will alternate every other week. Pickup will typically occur on the front curb if most of the homes on a street have front garages or in the alley if that’s where most of the homes’ garages are located.
For more information on solid waste pickup, visit our webpage.
Republic's curbside recycling is an all-in-one program, meaning all recyclables are placed into one bin with no sorting, though all recyclables must be clean, empty and dry. The following items should be placed in the green recycling cart:
- Flattened corrugated cardboard.
- Boxboard, cereal and frozen food boxes.
- No. 1 and 2 plastics. No. 1 plastics include soda and water bottles, mouthwash bottles, peanut butter containers, salad dressing and vegetable oil containers. The latter three should be cleaned before recycling. No. 2 plastics include milk jugs, juice bottles; bleach, detergent and household cleaner bottles; and shampoo bottles.
- Steel, tin and aluminum cans.
- Empty aerosol cans.
For more information on recycling, visit our webpage.
Bulk trash pickup alternates every other week with recyclable collection. Residential customers can learn when their bulk trash and their recyclables will be picked up with this interactive map and red region calendar or blue region calendar.
Bulk items include:
- Barbecue grills without propane tanks
- Wooden pallets
- Bags of yard waste
- Brush and limbs cut and bundled in lengths of no more than 4 feet.
Non-acceptable bulk items include:
- Household trash
- Construction materials
- Hazardous waste
- Roofing materials
- Propane tanks
- Soil and rocks.
For more information on bulk pickup, visit our webpage.
Christmas tree disposal: Citizens can set their Christmas tree out during their scheduled bulk collection day for disposal. Citizens should remove the ornaments from the tree but are not required to cut the tree in order for it to be collected.
The City contracts with Republic Services for the operation of the landfill at 3002 Old Ballinger Highway. Contact Republic at the landfill by calling 325-655-6869. The landfill's hours of operations are:
- 7 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Mondays-Fridays
- 7 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturdays
- Closed Sundays
For more information on the Landfill, visit our landfill webpage.