Governor Abbott has extended the Open Meetings Act suspensions through August 9th. Our City Council meetings through that day will be streamed LIVE on our YouTube Channel at youtube.com/CityofSanAngelo.
The Office of the City Clerk is open. Please call 325-657-4405 ext 5 to schedule an appointment.
The Office of the City Clerk accurately compiles and maintains the legal records of the actions of the City Council to ensure the continuity of government.
The office effectively directs the management and maintenance of all City records, from creation to ultimate disposition; ensures the preservation and accessibility of essential information; and equitably manages and conducts City elections to ensure the integrity of the democratic voting process.
In addition to its overall mission, the Office of the City Clerk also:
- Prepares the agenda and maintains the permanent records of all City Council meetings, including work sessions.
- Processes and administers alcohol beverage licenses and motor vehicle escort service permits.
- Prepares proclamations and special recognitions for the Mayor (Proclamation, Recognition and Honor Policy).
- Facilitates the preparation and maintains the City Code of Ordinances and supplements.
- Processes and maintains all records of appointments to various City boards and commissions.
- Accepts petitions filed by citizens relative to the City Charter/Code of Ordinances.
- Manages and conducts all City elections, including City Council elections and run-offs as well as elections dealing with bond issues, referendums, initiatives and revisions of the City Charter.
- Manages and administers the City’s Records Management Program and assists the public with requests for public information.
- Publishes official notices of City Council action.
- Maintains official documents of the City Council.