Current drought level
As of September 18, the City is in Standard Conservation, which restricts outside watering to twice every seven days at no more than 1 inch per week and not between the hours of noon to 6 p.m. Runoff of more than 150 feet down any street, gutter, alley or ditch is also prohibited.
Water Advisory Board
The mission of the Water Advisory Board shall be to recommend strategies to the City Council designed to obtain and ensure adequate and affordable water supply resources both now and in the future.
Meetings are held on an "as-called" basis at the McNease Convention Center, 501 Rio Concho Drive. Agendas are posted on this website and at City Hall, 72 W. College Ave.Four board members are appointed to two-year terms by members of the City Council. Board members may serve unlimited full terms.
The board is comprised of:
- One member who is an engineer, hydrologist, meteorologist or water well driller.
- One member who is involved in the banking, accounting or financial services industry, with a specialization in agricultural lending or water financing.
- One member who is involved in agriculture or rural water issues.
- One member who is an attorney, former municipal, water district or other governmental officer, legislator or other person who has experience in the legal issues related to water.
- One member who is either a member of the city development corporation board or a city employee who performs staff services by contract for the city development corporation, and who is appointed by the city development corporation board.
- One member who is a member of the commissioners court, including the county judge, and who is appointed by the county commissioners court.
- One member who is an individual employed by the Upper Colorado River Authority as director of operations.
- One ex-officio, non-voting member who is from the Chamber of Commerce staff or board, and who is appointed by the Chamber of Commerce Board.
- Chairman Ben Wiese (rural water)
- Vice Chairman Chuck Brown (Upper Colorado River Authority representative)
- Kendall Hirschfeld (former governmental officer)
- Casey Barrett (banking)
- Jonathon Jennings (meteorologist)
- County Judge Steve Floyd (Commissioners Court representative)
- Todd Kolls (City of San Angelo Development Corp. representative)
- Non-voting member - Stan Meador (Chamber of Commerce representative)
- Non-voting member - Water Utilities Director Allison Strube
Anyone interested in serving on the board should contact the City Clerk's office on the second floor of City Hall or call 325-657-4405 for more information. For additional board information, contact the board liaison, Water Utilities Director Allison Strube, at 325-657-4209.
- Direct Potable Reuse presentation 5-10-16
- Red Arroyo Project feasibility presentation 5-10-16
- Water plant presentation 5-10-16
- Water supply options presentation 5-10-16
- Water Master Plan presentation 5-10-16
- Drought level analysis presentation 3-29-16