COVID-19: Centers are closed until further notice.
Please call the centers for more information.
The Senior Services program provides a comprehensive group of programs for adults 55 and older to help build a brighter future for them and their community, enabling them to live more independently with dignity.
The goal of the Santa Fe Crossing and Station 618 senior centers is to be a community focal point where older adults come together for services and activities that reflect their experience and skills, respond to their diverse needs and interests, enhance their dignity, support their independence and encourage their involvement in and with the centers and the community.
To learn about this month's activities, read the Monthly Express newsletter (No activities/events are scheduled until further notice due to COVID-19 restrictions).
Senior Services goals
- Develop meaningful programs that teach skills through a variety of activities.
- Promote a continued lifestyle of health and wellness to ensure a better quality of life.
- Encourage opportunities for interactions with the community and other participants to nurture socialization needs.
- Provide leadership opportunities that allow participants to use their interest and life experiences.
- Offer services and life-long learning opportunities to participants, that will promote positive feelings of self-worth.
- Design a program scope that encourages continued independence of the participants.
Programs and activities
The City of San Angelo's two senior centers provide a place for adults age 55 and older who are looking for a place to socialize and stay active. The centers provide a wide range of activities, programs and special events throughout the year. Each month, "The Express" newsletter is available for pickup and provides information on scheduled classes, activities and associated fees.
The Bridge Group is actively seeking both novice and experienced players. The group meets from 12:45 p.m. to 4 p.m. each Friday in the activity room at Station 618, located at 618 S. Chadbourne St. For more information, call 325-481-2798.