Summer Day Camp
Summer Day Camp is a fun way for children to stay active during the summertime. While at their camp sites, campers will be play various sports and board games, make arts and crafts, and engage in other fun activities. This year we will have air conditioning in the gyms!
- Registration: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays in the Recreation offices at Santa Fe Crossing, 702 S. Chadbourne St.
- Cost: $45 non-refundable registration fee PLUS first week of camp payment of $65 per child
- Ages: 5-12 years old
- Locations: Southside Recreation Center, 2750 Ben Ficklin Road, and Carl Ray Johnson Recreation Center, 1103 N. Farr St.
- Camp dates: June 1 - August 7, 2020
- Camp times: 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Mondays-Fridays, excluding holidays
- Limit of 30 kids at each location
Governor Abbott's Open Texas Checklists
New, In Effect May 31, 2020
- Day Youth Camp Operators
- Day Youth Camp Families
- Overnight Youth Camp Operators
- Overnight Youth Camp Families
- Professional Sports Without In-Person Spectators
- Youth Sports Operators
- Youth Sports Families
No Swim Camp for 2020
Summer Basketball Camp
Basketball camp provide a key overview to all elements of basketball, building on the basics while maximizing the amount of instruction and skill implementation in the short time frame. Camp is designed to focus on the foundations and fundamentals of the game. Instructor: Marty Lopez
* Registration: June 19 - July 15, 2020
* Cost: $65 per child
* Location: Carl Ray Johnson recreation center, 1102 N. Farr St
* Ages: 3rd Grade - 12th Grade
* Camp Dates: July 20-23, 2020
9th - 12th Grade Boys: 7:00am - 9:00am
9th - 12th Grade Girls: 9:30am - 11:30am
6th - 8th Grade Coed: 12:30pm - 2:30pm
3rd - 5th Grade Coed: 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Each camper will receive a shirt, water bottle, and bag!
Spots limited to the first 18 kids per age group!
Youth Flag Football Camp
- Registration: June 1 - July 31, 2020
- Dates: August 3-6, 2020 & August 10-13, 2020
- Cost: $20
- Ages: 4-6 & 8-12
- Location: Texas Bank Sports Complex, Quad 1
- Time: 6pm-7pm
- Carl Ray Johnson Recreation Center, 1103 N. Farr St.
- Southside Recreation Center, 2750 Ben Ficklin Road
- Northside Recreation Center, 2722 N. Magdalen St.
Please use the map below to see where each recreation center is located. For more information, call the Recreation Division at 325-657-4450.