Normal hours of operation
Public swim will be available on from noon-6 p.m.:
- Aug. 31-Sept. 2
Monday, Sept. 2nd will be the last day of the season for the municipal pool.
Admission is $5 per person for ages 3-64, $3 for ages 65 and older, free for ages 2 and younger.
Movies at Municipal Pool
Come hang out and cool off at the Municipal Pool while watching a family-friendly movie! Movies will begin at sundown. Regular admission fees apply. No outside food or drinks. Concession will be available and flotation devices and chairs are welcome!
Season passes must be purchased in the Recreation offices in Santa Fe Crossing at 702 S. Chadbourne St. from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Fridays. The cost is $75 for an individual or $200 for a family of four. The cost is an extra $25 for each additional family member.
Private party rentals
Private parties may be reserved any day of the week. Time slots are 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. and 8:45 p.m.-10:45 p.m. Some dates may be unavailable because of public events at the pool. Pool party reservations must be made in the Recreation offices in Santa Fe Crossing at 702 S. Chadbourne St. from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Fridays.
Private parties cost:
- 1-100 people - $250
- 101-200 people - $300
- 201-300 people - $400
- 301-400 people - $500
A $100 deposit required is also required plus the initial fee stated above. All fees are due when the reservation is made. Cancellation fees may apply.
Semi-private party rentals
Semi-private parties (during which the pool remains open to the public) cost $20 per hour (with a two-hour minimum) plus $3 per person.
All fees are due when the reservation is made. Cancellation fees may apply.
Swim lesson registration begins May 1. Register for swim lessons in the Recreation offices in Santa Fe Crossing at 702 S. Chadbourne St. from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Fridays.
The cost is $60 per session. Each session consists of nine 30-minute lessons, five the first week (Monday-Friday) and four the second week (Monday-Thursday). Swimmers should arrive 5-10 minutes before their lesson.
The sessions will be:
- June 3-14
- June 17-28
- July 8-19
- July 22-Aug. 2
The following classes are offered:
- Parent and child (age 3 months-2 years): Parents and instructors help children become comfortable exploring in the water by getting wet with toys, kicking, walking, blowing bubbles, floating0 and playing games. Classes begin at 11 a.m. during all sessions.
- Preschool (age 3-5): Children become more comfortable in the water, learning the fundamentals of swimming, such as blowing bubbles, basic floating on front and back with assistance, gliding, submerging face, flutter kick, combined stroke on front and back, and basic water safety. Class times are 10 a.m., 10:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. during all sessions.
- Learn to swim - levels I & II (age 6 and older): Children develop fundamentals of swimming: blowing bubbles, bobbing, retrieving submerged objects, floating on front and back, gliding on front and back, flutter kick, combined stroke on front and back, entering water by jumping from the side, treading and water safety. Class times are 10 a.m., 10:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. during all sessions.
- Learn to swim - level III: Children further develop swimming skills by practicing combined stroke on front and back, jumping from the side, treading, floating and bobbing in deeper water. In addition, children will learn rotary breathing, scissor kick, dolphin kick and water safety. Class time is 9:15 a.m. during all sessions.
- Learn to swim - level IV: Children further develop swimming skills by building on previously learned skills in addition to the following: swimming under water, survival swimming, front crawl open turn, backstroke open turn, treading using various kicks, breaststroke, butterfly, push off in a streamlined position and begin kicking, back crawl and sidestroke. Class time is 9 a.m. during all sessions.
All City of San Angelo lifeguards are American Red Cross-certified. The City strives to provide high-quality lessons for youth and adults. If you have a special circumstance or disability, please let us know so we may try to accommodate your needs.
Swimming is a life skill. Thank you for choosing the Municipal Pool to assist you in furthering or beginning your swimming endeavor.