One of the jewels of the Central neighborhood is the world-famous International Waterlily Collection, owned and operated through a contract by the City of San Angelo. This neighborhood also hosts Central High School, located in the eastern portion of the neighborhood. Austin Elementary School serves this neighborhood, as well. Main thoroughfares include West Beauregard Avenue, which borders the southern portion, and Pecos Street and the Houston Harte Expressway, which bisect the neighborhood east to west. The Concho River serves as the easternmost boundary of the neighborhood. Like many of the neighborhoods that border the river, these residences are typical older housing containing a variety of pre-World War II period architectural styles that vary from Victorian to bungalow. West Beauregard serves as a connector to Sherwood Way and to the Central Business District.
- Central neighborhood at a glance
- Pending land use cases in the area
- Recently approved land use cases
- Check the status of my building permit
- Find out what my property is zoned
- What is the future plan for my neighborhood?
- Which City Council member represents my neighborhood?
Current major development projects and capital improvement projects