The Design and Historic Review Commission is a board formed by the consolidation of the former Historic Preservation and River Corridor commissions. The Historic Preservation Commission was established in 1993 by the City Council to recommend, promote, protect and enhance the integrity of landmarks and districts of historical and cultural significance. The River Corridor Commission was established in 1982 by the City Council to recommend policies and ordinances controlling development of land along the Concho River.
In 2012, City Council finalized the consolidation, forming the Historic and Design Review Commission. This commission is charged with the duties the two prior commissions separately undertook.
The commission generally meets at 10 a.m. on the third Thursday each month in the East Mezzanine, City Hall, 72 W. College Ave. Agendas are posted on this website and at City Hall, 72 W. College Ave.
The Design & Historic Review Commission consists of seven members appointed by the City Council. Ex-officio members include the Planning Manager, Historic Preservation Officer and Building Official.
- Stephen McLaughlin (Chair)
- Connie Biggerstaff (Vice-Chair)
- Clay Engdahl
- Lenny James
- Henry Schmidt
- James Thomas
- Lisa Wallace
- Barbara Hesse, Historic Adviser
Anyone interested in serving on the board should contact the City Clerk's office on the second floor of City Hall or call 325-657-4405 for more information. For additional board information, contact the Planning Division staff at 325-657-4210 and press 2.
- River Corridor Master Development Plan
- Old Town Historic District Design Guidelines
- Central Business District Design Guidelines
- Survey of Historic Resources - 2011
- 2009 Comprehensive Plan
- Historic Designations Map
- River Corridor Map
Design and Historic Review Commission meeting schedule
- December 12, 2019 - Staff Reports
- December 12, 2019 - Agenda
- October 17, 2019 - Approved Minutes
- November 21, 2019 - Staff Reports
- November 21, 2019 - Agenda
- September 19, 2019 - Approved Minutes
- October 17, 2019 - Staff Reports
- October 17, 2019 - Agenda
- September 19, 2019 - Staff Reports
- September 19, 2019 - Agenda
- August 15, 2019 - Approved Minutes
- August 15, 2019 - Staff Reports
- August 15, 2019 - Agenda
- July 18, 2019 - Approved Minutes
- July 18, 2019 - Staff Reports
- July 18, 2019 - Agenda
- June 20, 2019 - Approved Minutes
- June 20, 2019 - Staff Reports
- June 20, 2019 - Agenda
- May 16, 2019 - Cancellation