The mission of the Code Compliance division is to inspect and improve properties to make San Angelo a safe and attractive community to live in and to visit.
The purpose of your local ordinances is to protect the health and safety of the citizens of San Angelo and to preserve our quality of life.
The goal of your Code Enforcement Officers is to gain voluntary compliance by providing fair and effective enforcement of our local ordinances.
Code Enforcement Officers inspect properties and ensure compliance by performing the following tasks:
- Respond to reports & complaints
- Patrol neighborhoods
- Inspect and Identify offenses located on property
- Notify property owners and tenants of offensive conditions existing on their property
- Educate and cooperate with citizens to remediate offenses
- Coordinate with Municipal Court to remediate offenses
- Abatement of property maintenance offenses
- Coordinate with other city departments and state agencies
Questions about how to dispose of items in San Angelo? Visit this webpage.