The mission of the Civic Events Division is to provide clean, comfortable facilities along with exceptional support to events in City venues. The Civic Events Advisory Board makes recommendations regarding Civic Events Division policy to the San Angelo City Council.
The board generally meets at 11 a.m. on the last Thursday each month in the South Meeting Room of the McNease Convention Center, 501 Rio Concho Drive. Agendas are posted on this website and at City Hall, 72 W. College Ave.
Staff Liaison: Sidyney Walker 325-653-9577
Board members are appointed to two-year terms by members of the City Council and operate under Council-approved bylaws. Board members may serve no more than three consecutive full terms.
- SMD 1 representative: Karen Abbott
- SMD 2 representative: Timothy Condon
- SMD 3 representative: Billy Najera, Board President
- SMD 4 representative: Naomi Vasquez
- SMD 5 representative: Steven Mahaffey, Board Vice President
- SMD 6 representative: Donald Barnhart
- Mayoral representative: Del Velasquez
Anyone interested in serving on the board should contact the City Clerk's office on the second floor of City Hall or call 325-657-4405 for more information. For additional board information, call the Civic Events Division at 325-653-9577.