The mission of the Construction Board of Adjustments and Appeals is to hear appeals and variances regarding building construction codes and to make decisions regarding demolition of dangerous buildings.
The board generally meets at 3 p.m. on the first Thursday each month in the East Mezzanine, City Hall, 72 W. College Avenue. Agendas are posted on this website and in the lobby of City Hall, 72 W. College Ave.
Staff Liaison: Charlie Kemp/Debbie McCleery 325-657-4210
The board consists of nine members appointed to two-year terms by the City Council. Board members may serve no more than three consecutive full terms. Ex-officio members include the Building Official, the Fire Marshal and the Planning and Development Services Director.
Membership requirements include the following:
• At least one member shall be an architect or engineer.
• At least one member shall be a commercial building contractor.
• At least one member shall be a residential building contractor.
• At least one member shall be an electrical contractor.
• At least one member shall be a plumber.
• At least one member shall be a mechanical contractor.
• At least one member shall be a realtor, real estate inspector, or real estate appraiser.
• At least one member shall be a homeowner.
• At least one member shall be a commercial business owner.
- Plumber - Vacant
- Commercial Building Contractor - Vacant
- Residential Building Contractor - John Rogers
- Electrical Contractor - Rodney Mayberry
- Architect or Engineer - Brooks Wehner
- Mechanical Contractor - Lyndon Butler
- Realtor - Vacant
- Homeowner - Roger Julien
- Business Owner - David Jacobo
- November 07, 2019 Cancellation Notice
- October 03, 2019 Agenda
- October 03, 2019 Staff Report
- September 5, 2019 - Agenda
- August 1, 2019 - Agenda
- July 11, 2019 Cancellation Notice
- June 6 2019 Agenda
- May 2 2019 Agenda-Cancelled
- May 2, 2019 Agenda
- April 4 2019 Minutes
- April 4, 2019 Agenda
- March 07, 2019 Agenda
- February 7 2019 Agenda
- January 3, 2018 Agenda-CANCELED
- January 3, 2019 Agenda
- December 6, 2018 Minutes