No Camping allowed at this park.

Return to full list >>

The Parks and Recreation and the Operations departments are responsible for the administration and operation, respectively, of the parks around Twin Butte Reservoir and Lake Nasworthy.  Be sure to check out our Park Map for location and information on all of the Lake Parks.

Lake park fees

Entry fees are collected at Spring Creek and Middle Concho parks on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from the first weekend in March through the Labor Day weekend. Camping permits are required year-round. Entry and camping permits can be purchased at the parks' entrances. Camping permits can also be purchased at Spring Creek Marina in Spring Creek Park. 

Entry fees are:

  • $3 per vehicle for San Angelo residents.
  • $6 per vehicle for non-residents.

Camping fees are:

  • $6 per night for San Angelo residents.
  • $12 per night for non-residents.

Hunting at Twin Buttes Reservoir

A map of the hunting area at Twin Buttes Reservoir can be found at this link. Only hunting with a bow or a shotgun (no slugs) is permitted. No other sorts of firearms may be fired at Twin Buttes. Shooting across the equalization channel between the reservoir's north and south pools is also prohibited. If hunters use feeders or blinds, they must be carried in and out on the same day; neither may be left on the property. As with City parks, glass containers are not allowed at Twin Buttes.

Otherwise, hunters should follow state hunting regulations as prescribed by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department. The TPWD website's hunting page can be found at this link.

Information about hunter education, including when classes are offered in San Angelo, can also be found at the TPWD link. Local classes can also be found by entering "San Angelo hunter education" in an Internet search engine such as Google or Yahoo.

The gates into and around Twin Buttes are locked after a rainfall to prevent damage to the dirt roads. If you should become locked inside the property, call the San Angelo Police Department's non-emergency dispatch number at 325-481-2750. The same number can be used to report vandalism. Follow when the gates are locked and reopened on the City's Facebook and Twitter pages.

To report illegal dumping, call the Tom Green County Sheriff's Department at 325-655-8111. A license plate is required. 


How can I get more information about the lake parks?

Visit the lake parks page or call the Parks and Recreation offices at 325-657-4279 or the Civic Events offices at 325-653-9577 during business hours, or 325-277-8766 on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.

Can I camp on the public lands around Lake Nasworthy and Twin Buttes Reservoir?

Yes, but only in designated camping areas. At Nasworthy, that would consist of areas within Middle Concho and Spring Creek parks that are not enclosed by pipe fencing. “No camping allowed” signs are posted in areas where camping is prohibited. Camping is allowed at Twin Buttes. 

Do I have to pay to camp in the lake parks?

Yes, if you are camping around Lake Nasworthy. The fee to camp in Spring Creek and Middle Concho parks is $6 per day for City of San Angelo residents, and $12 per day for non-residents. The camping permit includes entry into the park, so campers do not have to pay an entry fee, as well. Camping permits may currently be purchased from 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturdays, Sundays and holidays at the entry gates to the parks. Permits can be purchased at other times from Spring Creek Marina inside Spring Creek Park.

There are no water or electrical hookups for recreational vehicles in the lake parks. RVs may camp in Spring Creek and Middle Concho parks. If RV campers want amenities, they may camp at Spring Creek Marina or at the KOA Campgrounds at 6699 Knickerbocker Road, about 3 miles from Spring Creek Park.

Do I have to pay to enter the lake parks?

Entry fees are collected only at Spring Creek and Middle Concho parks from 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from the first weekend in March through Labor Day weekend. The fee is $3 per vehicle for City of San Angelo residents and $6 per vehicle for non-residents. Annual passes are also available for $20; annual passes for those with a handicapped license tag or for those 65 and older are $10. 

What are park hours?

From 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. To stay in Middle Concho or Spring Creek parks after 10:30 p.m., you must have a camping permit or be fishing with a license. 

What are park hours?

From 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. To stay in Middle Concho or Spring Creek parks after 10:30 p.m., you must have a camping permit or be fishing with a license. 

Are there shower and restroom facilities in the parks?

There are no shower facilities at any lake parks. Restrooms in Middle Concho and Spring Creek parks remain open continuously from March through Labor Day weekend.  

Are glass containers allowed in the lake parks?

No, glass containers are prohibited in all City parks, including the lake parks. Glass containers are also prohibited on the waters of Lake Nasworthy and Twin Buttes Reservoir. 

Can I burn fires and/or grill in the lake parks?

No ground fires are allowed. Fires may be burned only inside contained grills. This is true during burn bans, as well. 

Can I ride an all-terrain vehicle inside the lake parks?

ATVs are not allowed in the parks around Lake Nasworthy. 

May I bring my pet to the lake parks?

Pets are not allowed at the beach at Mary E Lee Park or in the “horseshoe” area of Spring Creek Park. Dogs are allowed elsewhere in the lake parks, but they must be leashed, per City ordinance. 

May I hunt or fire a firearm in the lake parks?

Hunting and discharging firearms in the parks around Lake Nasworthy (or from the waters of the lake) are prohibited. Hunting is allowed in designated areas around Twin Buttes, although only shotguns (no slugs) may be used. Firing along and/or across the equalization channel of Twin Buttes is prohibited. For the time being, skeet shooting is allowed only in designated hunting areas. 

Am I responsible for cleaning my campsite?

Yes. Campsites must be kept clean throughout a camper’s stay and all trash must be properly disposed of before leaving the park. 

Are “bounce houses” (or “moon jumps” or “inflatables”) allowed in lake parks?

Yes, but only if the bounce house vendor meets the insurance requirements established by the City’s risk manager. The Risk Management Division can be contacted at 325-657-4359

Can I swim around boat ramps and boat docks?


Is there a boat ramp fee?

Not currently.

How do I rent Pecan Creek Pavilion?

Call 325-653-5487 during business hours. Reservations may be made up to a year in advance. The cost of the venue is $250 per day plus insurance, the cost of which varies depending upon the size and nature of the event, and whether alcohol is served. Uniformed security may also be necessary, again depending upon the size and nature of the event, and whether alcohol is served. For more information about visit the Pecan Creek Pavilion homepage.

Has vehicle access to the lands around Twin Buttes been prohibited?

No, although the City Council in early 2011 agreed to limit vehicular access to Twin Buttes in an effort to control dumping and other illicit behaviors. The City is erecting pipe rail fencing and gates at entry points around the reservoir. When that work is complete, the City will institute a process through which citizens can gain vehicular access through a limited number of the gates. 

Is the City overhauling the ordinances that govern the lake parks?

Yes. The City’s Legal Department is drafting a rewrite of the ordinances, which were adopted in 1959 and have rarely been amended in the 50-plus years since. Information about the proposed changes can be found at the Lake Parks page.  The City Council will consider approval of the changes once the City’s attorneys have completed their rewrite.