Fort Concho Speaker Series
- Date: 09/11/2019 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- Location: Fort Concho Commissary
702 Burgess St.
San Angelo, Texas 76903
Fort Concho’s fall speaker series returns during the lunch hour each Wednesday in September.
Admission is free. Each presentation is from noon to 1 p.m. in the fort Commissary at 702 Burgess St. Attendees may bring a lunch or can order a sack lunch from Mr. T’s Deli for $8.75 by calling 325-657-4441 by 5 p.m. the prior Monday.
This year’s lineup of topics and speakers includes:
- Wednesday, Sept. 4: “The Regular Army O!: Highlights from the Douglas McChristian Collection” by Fort Concho Curator of History, Cory Robinson.
- Wednesday, Sept. 11: “The Life and Times of Ranger Benjamin Hamilton Anderson, Co. C Frontier Battalion 1874 and the Red River War, Part 2” by local historian, Charles Anderson.
- Wednesday, Sept. 18: “150th Anniversary of the Battle of Dove Creek” by Kickapoo Indian Tribal Spokesman, Eddie Joe Anico.
- Wednesday, Sept. 25: “The Burro Lady – We Make a Small Herd” by local historian Monte Jones.