The Recreation Division manages facilities such as the City's two recreation centers, Love Municipal Pool, the San Angelo Nature Center and the Texas Bank Sports Complex. Additionally, Recreation is responsible for a host of programming, including senior services, athletics, an aquatic program, summer day camps and special events such as the annual Date Night.
To register for youth and adult sports click on the following link: teamsideline.com/sanangelo.
Summer youth basketball league
- Registration: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays March 19-May 11 at Santa Fe Crossing, 702 S. Chadbourne St. The league is limited to the first 100 teams.
- Ages: Boys and girls 6U, 8U, 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U.
- Cost: $275/team (no individual registration). No jerseys are provided.
- Season: 4 games plus single-elimination tournament
- When: Games begin week of June 4 on Mondays, Tuesdays or Thursdays from 3 p.m.-8 p.m.
- Where: Southside, Northside and Carl Ray Johnson recreation centers
- FMI: Sandra Pina, 325-657-4450
League administrators will move teams up a division, if deemed necessary.
- When: Saturday, June 2
- Time: Check-in at 7 a.m., fishing from 7:30 a.m.-10 a.m.
- Where: Celebration Bridge/Concho River
- Cost: FREE
- Ages: 7 and younger, 8-12, 13-17
- What else: Prizes for first, second and third places for each age division. Register 8-5 M-F at the Recreation offices, 702 S. Chadbourne St.
- FMI: 325-657-4450
Tickets go on sale May 26th at the Recreation main office, 702 S. Chadbourne, and at the Love Municipal Pool. Limited availability!
- When: July 3
- Time: 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Love Municipal Pool, 18 E. Avenue A
- Cost: Tickets in advance are $10, tickets at gate are $15.