The Recreation Division manages facilities such as the City's two recreation centers, Love Municipal Pool, the San Angelo Nature Center and the Texas Bank Sports Complex. Additionally, Recreation is responsible for a host of programming, including senior services, athletics, an aquatic program, summer day camps and special events such as the annual Date Night.
To register for youth and adult sports click on the following link: teamsideline.com/sanangelo.
Family Night Camp Out and Movie
The Recreation Division is hosting its second Family Night in the Park in April! Families are invited to camp out under the stars and enjoy an evening full of nighttime fun with burgers, s'mores and other camp traditions. After setting up camp, play a game of your choice before dinner. Then join us for a movie starting at dusk.
- Pre-registration required by: 5 p.m. April 19. Register from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays-Fridays in the Recreation offices in Santa Fe Crossing, 702 S. Chadbourne St
- Camp Out: April 22-23
- Tent set-up: 3 p.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, April 22
- Tent take-down: noon Sunday April 23
- Cost: $5/per person
- Where: Producers Park, 1805 Ricks Drive
Want to learn kayaking basics, but don’t know where to start? This clinic will cover all the basics to get you paddling. We'll give you kayaking tips, safety advice and more. Registration opens May 1, 2017. Cost is $10 per participant. Limited spots are available.
Session 1: May 13
Session 2: June 24
Session 3: July 22
Participants are encouraged to bring their own fishing poles and supplies. All fishing must be done between Celebration Bridge and Irving Street Bridge.
- Registration: Morning of event at Celebration Bridge
- When: June 6, 2015
- Cost: FREE
- Age Groups: 7 & under, 8 - 12, and 13 - 18
- Where: Celebration Bridge
- Time: 7:30am — 10am