Paper, Nos. 3-7 plastics no longer accepted recyclables
Those items are being excluded from the recycling stream because they are not profitable commodities. The acceptable recycling materials are:
- Flattened corrugated cardboard.
- Boxboard, cereal and frozen food boxes.
- No. 1 and 2 plastics. No. 1 plastics include soda and water bottles, mouthwash bottles, peanut butter containers, salad dressing and vegetable oil containers. The latter three should be cleaned before recycling. No. 2 plastics include milk jugs, juice bottles; bleach, detergent and household cleaner bottles; and shampoo bottles.
- Steel, tin and aluminum cans.
- Empty aerosol cans.
Customers will continue to receive curbside recycling pickup every other week, alternating with bulk pickup on their collection day. There will be no change in the rates customers pay.
“We are pleased to be able to continue to offer this service to our citizens, which contributes to both the preservation of natural resources and the extension of our landfill’s lifespan,” City Manager Daniel Valenzuela said.
Customers who use their recycling bins as a second garbage can are subject to have the green containers removed. A second garbage bin is available for an additional monthly cost.
The Water Utilities Department administers the eight divisions that make up the "water department." Those divisions are:
- Water Conservation
- Water Customer Service
- Water Distribution
- Water Production
- Water Quality
- Water Reclamation
- Water Utilities Maintenance
The Engineering Services Division provides for the professional engineering design, surveying, construction and management of the City’s infrastructure, including streets, sidewalks, drainage ways, street lights and traffic signals. The division's mission is to provide professional services for the improvement and preservation of the City’s infrastructure to enhance and preserve the quality of life for the citizens of San Angelo.
The Operations Department is responsible for providing effective transportation and an efficient infrastructure for anyone who lives or works in San Angelo. The department is comprised of the following divisions: