The Airport neighborhood is located in southwest San Angelo. Knickerbocker Road, also known as State Highway 584, runs north and south, and borders the neighborhood to the west. This main thoroughfare also provides an important gateway into and out of the city. This neighborhood includes Mathis Field and San Angelo Regional Airport, the sole commercial airport serving the Concho Valley. The airport includes more than 150 aircraft that are based at Mathis Field and three intersecting runways operating 24 hours a day, serving commercial, private and military aviation. The airport generates more than $1.2 million annually. Because there are no residents living in the neighborhood, data indicated for the neighborhood profile is not applicable.
- Airport neighborhood at a glance
- Pending land use cases in the area
- Recently approved land use cases
- Check the status of my building permit
- Find out what my property is zoned
- What is the future plan for my neighborhood?
- Which City Council member represents my neighborhood?
Current major development projects and capital improvement projects