In addition to sessions with the Development Review Committee, the Planning and Development Services Department offers scheduled private consultations for proposed projects of a more conceptual nature for which specifics such as site layout, use or parking arrangements may not be known. These consultations may be requested via this form. The information provided will allow the Planning and Development Services Department to customize a consultation with the appropriate staff members to discuss your ideas.
A DRC meeting may be helpful once basic decisions regarding the proposal have been made. Common items for which consultations may be helpful for a proposed project may include, but are not limited to, general questions about:
- Allowed uses.
- Zoning districts and their restrictions.
- Location of nearby infrastructure (water, sewer, streets, hydrants, etc.).
- Basics of the subdivision platting process.
- Street construction/expansion procedures.
- Emergency vehicle accessibility questions.
- Residential subdivision development.