The Design and Historic Review Commission is a board formed by the consolidation of the former Historic Preservation and River Corridor commissions. The Historic Preservation Commission was established in 1993 by the City Council to recommend, promote, protect and enhance the integrity of landmarks and districts of historical and cultural significance. The River Corridor Commission was established in 1982 by the City Council to recommend policies and ordinances controlling development of land along the Concho River.
In September 2012, City Council finalized the consolidation, forming the Historic and Design Review Commission. This commission is charged with the duties the two prior commissions separately undertook.
The commission generally meets at 10 a.m. on the third Thursday each month in the South Meeting Room of the McNease Convention Center, 501 Rio Concho Drive. Agendas are posted on this website and at City Hall, 72 W. College Ave.
The Design & Historic Review Commission consists of seven members appointed by the City Council, each of whom may serve up to two consecutive terms. Ex-officio members include the Planning Manager, Historic Preservation Officer and Building Official.
- Ashley Young-Turner (Chairwoman)
- David Mazur
- William Carter
- Sandra Morris
- Stephen McLaughlin
- Henry Schmidt
- Travis Stribling
- Barbara Hesse, Historic Adviser
Anyone interested in serving on the board should contact the City Clerk's office on the second floor of City Hall or call 325-657-4405 for more information. For additional board information, contact the Planning Division staff at 325-657-4210 and press 2.
- River Corridor Master Development Plan
- Old Town Historic District Design Guidelines
- Central Business District Design Guidelines
- Survey of Historic Resources - 2011
- 2009 Comprehensive Plan
- Historic Designations Map
- River Corridor Map
Design and Historic Review Commission meeting schedule
- November 2, 2017, Reports
- November 2, 2017, Agenda
- September 21, 2017, Approved Minutes
- September 21, 2017, Reports
- September 21, 2017, Agenda
- August 17, 2017, Approved Minutes
- August 17, 2017, Reports
- August 17, 2017, Agenda
- July 20, 2017, Approved Minutes
- July 20, 2017, Reports
- July 20, 2017, Agenda
- June 15, 2017, Approved Minutes
- June 15, 2017, Reports
- June 15, 2017, Agenda
- May 18, 2017, Approved Minutes
- May 18, 2017, Report
- May 18, 2017, Agenda
- April 20, 2017, Approved Minutes
- April 20, 2017 DHRC Staff Reports
- April 20, 2017 DHRC Agenda