The Design and Historic Review Commission is a board formed by the consolidation of the former Historic Preservation and River Corridor commissions. The Historic Preservation Commission was established in 1993 by the City Council to recommend, promote, protect and enhance the integrity of landmarks and districts of historical and cultural significance. The River Corridor Commission was established in 1982 by the City Council to recommend policies and ordinances controlling development of land along the Concho River.
In September 2012, City Council finalized the consolidation, forming the Historic and Design Review Commission. This commission is charged with the duties the two prior commissions separately undertook.
The commission generally meets at 10 a.m. on the third Thursday each month in the South Meeting Room of the McNease Convention Center, 501 Rio Concho Drive. Agendas are posted on this website and at City Hall, 72 W. College Ave.
The Design & Historic Review Commission consists of seven members appointed by the City Council, each of whom may serve up to two consecutive terms. Ex-officio members include the Planning Manager, Historic Preservation Officer and Building Official.
- Ashley Young-Turner (Chair)
- Connie Biggerstaff
- William Carter
- Stephen McLaughlin
- Sandra Morris
- Henry Schmidt
- Travis Stribling
- Barbara Hesse, Historic Adviser
Anyone interested in serving on the board should contact the City Clerk's office on the second floor of City Hall or call 325-657-4405 for more information. For additional board information, contact the Planning Division staff at 325-657-4210 and press 2.
- River Corridor Master Development Plan
- Old Town Historic District Design Guidelines
- Central Business District Design Guidelines
- Survey of Historic Resources - 2011
- 2009 Comprehensive Plan
- Historic Designations Map
- River Corridor Map
Design and Historic Review Commission meeting schedule
- July 19, 2018, Staff Reports
- July 19, 2018, Agenda
- June 21, 2018, Staff Reports
- June 21, 2018, Agenda
- May 17, 2018, Staff Reports
- May 17, 2018, Agenda
- April 19, 2018, Approved Minutes
- April 19, 2018, Staff Reports
- April 19, 2018, Agenda
- March 15, 2018, Approved Minutes
- March 15, 2018, Staff Reports
- March 15, 2018, Agenda
- February 15, 2018, Approved Minutes
- February 15, 2018, Staff Reports
- February 15, 2018, Agenda
- January 11, 2018, Approved Minutes
- January 11, 2018, Staff Reports
- January 11, 2018, Agenda