Adoption fees include the cost of the spay/neuter, rabies vaccine, microchipping and City registration.
$65 - Spay/Neuter
$10 - Rabies vaccine
$10 - Microchip
Total = $85
$45 - Spay/Neuter
$5 - Rabies vaccine/Microchip
Total = $50
View the pets available for adoption by clicking here.
How you can help
To volunteer at the Animal Shelter, you must be 18 years of age or accompanied by a parent/guardian. Children are not permitted to work with animals at the shelter. However, minors may help with the Mobile Pet Adoption.
Please wear clothes you can get dirty in, along with close-toed shoes. Volunteers are most needed with mobile adoptions, bathing and cleaning the animals, cleaning up, picking up trash and mowing.
The Animal Shelter also accepts donations. Our wish list includes:
- Monetary contributions
- Dog food (for a food pantry)
- Microwave rice, chicken and hot dogs
- Leashes, collars, harnesses
- Stainless steel bowls
- Flea combs
- Sanitation materials
- Bath towels
- Dish soap
- Oatmeal-based pet shampoo
- Paper towels
- Dress-shirt boxes
- Non-clumping cat litter
- Snare poles
Please NO toys, treats or beds.
- Call your microchip company to verify your contact information is current. If you microchipped through the city, contact 24PetWatch at 866-597-2424.
- Post a picture/description on the local lost and found website helpmegethome.com
- Post a flyer at the city shelter.
- Post an ad in the San Angelo Standard-Times.