SATV News Stories
Dog park celebrates grand opening Oct. 21
San Angelo’s dog park celebrates its official grand opening Saturday morning.
The free festivities will be from 9 a.m. until noon Saturday, Oct. 21, at the park, 3215 Millbrook Drive. Co-sponsored by the Concho Kennel Club and the City’s Parks & Recreation Department, the activities will include:
- 9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.: AKC microchip & collar tag by AKC Reunite, $35 per animal.
- 9:30 a.m.-10 a.m.: Rally course demonstration by Concho Kennel Club.
- 10-10:30 a.m.: Meet the breed/pet parade by Concho Kennel Club.
- 10:30-10:45 a.m.: Speakers and ribbon-cutting.
- 10:45-11:15 a.m.: Obedience demonstration by Concho Kennel Club.
- 11:15-11:45 a.m.: Agility demonstration by Concho Kennel Club.
- 11 a.m.-noon: Pet paw prints done by Concho Kennel Club.
- 11:45 a.m.-noon: Meet and greet with Kennel Club members and test your pet on the agility course.
The dog park, which sits along the Red Arroyo Trail, is a fenced-in area where dogs can run, play and socialize with other dogs off their leashes. San Angelo’s dog park is segregated, with one area for smaller dogs and another for larger breeds. There are entrance areas where the dogs are brought in on a leash and then taken to their respective off-leash area.
The park’s amenities include walkways, drinking fountains, benches, tables, trash cans, doggie bag dispensers, signage, obstacles, trees and drip irrigation. Rules are posted at cosatx.us/dogpark.