The mission of the Civic Events Division is to provide clean, comfortable facilities along with exceptional support to events in City venues.
Advertising in City facilities
Citywise Marketing, a local advertising agency, sells advertising opportunities in City facilities, including Foster Communications Coliseum, Convention Center, RiverStage, Airport, recreation centers and the Texas Bank Sports Complex. For more information, contact Citywise at 325-223-5928 or at email@example.com.
Naming rights policy
The City Council adopted an updated naming rights policy on June 1, 2010. Naming rights to City facilities are marketed by Citywise Marketing, a local advertising agency that also sells advertising in City venues on the City of San Angelo's behalf. For more information about naming rights, please contact Citywise at 325-223-5928 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only City-approved caterers may cater events at City facilities. Becoming a City-approved caterer involves completing an application and turning it in to the Civic Events Division at the McNease Convention Center, 501 Rio Concho Drive. Please call 325-653-9577 with questions.
- Fiddle Fire Catering, 1103 S. Oakes St., 325-653-8791
- City Cafe & Bakery, 112 N. Pierce, 325-224-4471
- Village Cafe & Catering, 2100 W. Beauregard, 325-942-1647
- McGowen's, 401 Rio Concho Dr., 325-655-1480
- Mesquite Bean Cafe, 36 E. Twohig, 325-617-2078
- Lone Star Cheeseburger Co., 333 W. Beauregard, 325-200-7263
- McAlister's Deli, 4525 Sherwood Way, 325-944-1000
- Chick-Fil-A, 4001 Sunset Drive (Sunset Mall), 325-944-8770
- Texas Roadhouse, 3057 West Loop 306, 325-223-8940
- Sutton Co. Steakhouse, 1306 N. Service Rd. (Sonora), 325-387-3833
- Stockman's / Dun Bar, 1131 N. Bell Street, 325-650-4624
- ASU Meat Market, ASU Station # 10888, 325-942-2027
- Bodacious Bar B Que, 1207 W. Beauregard Ave., 325-657-2000
- Dickie's Barbeque, 4520 Sherwood Way, 325-226-5551
- Fuentes Downtown, 101 S. Chadbourne, 325-658-2430
- Packsaddle Bar B Que, 6007 Knickerbocker Road, 325-949-0616
- Kona Ice, 1630 Parkview, 432-290-1123
- Bada Bing Wood Fired Pizza, 6174 Ranch Lane, 325-234-5167
- Market Street, 3121 Sunset Drive, 325-942-6627
- Semper Fresh Kettle Corn, 210 Greer Street, 325-212-9460
- Rio Concho Catering/Peepsie's BBQ, 208 S. Oakes St. 325-703-6423
- The Pit Bar-B-Que, 3232 Executive Drive, 325-374-5451
- Black Sheep Bar & Grill, 441 Rio Concho Drive, 325-658-2828
- Cafe Venture Catering, 8001 Slide Road, Lubbock 505-400-6642
All Caterers must pay the City 10% of the gross catering bill. Caterers often pass this cost to their customers. All rentals for dishes, table linens & linen napkins are paid to the City not the Caterer.
Sample insurance certificate
All events in City venues must provide insurance. Those who rent facilities are welcome to provide certificates of insurance through their own carriers. The language of any certificate that is provided must match the language of this sample certificate. Lessees may also purchase insurance through the City's Risk Management Division. The cost will depend upon the size and nature of the event, including whether alcohol will be served. For more information, including rates, call 325-653-9577 or 325-657-4359.
Indoor public art display application and agreement
McNease Convention CenterCategories:
- City Office
- Civic Events Venues
The McNease Convention Center, at 500 Rio Concho Drive, is available for booking a year in advance for private events and even longer for large, public events and conventions. It offers four meeting spaces, each of which can be divided into thirds. (For a photo gallery, click the image above.) The turnkey rental rates are San Angelo's most competitive.
The venue's most popular space offers more than 12,000 square feet in the largest meeting room in the middle of the building. This space can accommodate 1,200 people in a theater-style arrangement, and up to 700 in banquet style seating with round tables. The large meeting room is capable of being divided into three equal spaces and hosts a wide variety of events, including conventions, trade shows, luncheons, speeches, dinner dances, wedding receptions, quinceaneras and concerts.
To book a date or for more information, call the Civic Events Division at 325-653-5487.
Those wishing to display artwork in the McNease Convention Center are encouraged to read the indoor public art display agreement, which details the process for doing so, and to complete the accompanying application.